Welcome aboard! I look forward to working with you. Below is a list of information that should be brought to our tax meeting:
- Copy of your 2013 Federal and State return. If you worked in more than one state in 2013 be sure to bring in copies of all State returns. Bringing in these returns is very important for a number of reasons. The major reason being that there may be carry-over information that will need to be added to your 2014 return (such as capital loss and net operating loss carry-forwards).
- If you were self-employed or owned rental property I will need a copy of the "detailed depreciation schedule" for each activity. If you had used a tax preparer in prior years this schedule may be attached to the copy of your 2013 Federal return. If it is not attached, then you should request it from your prior tax preparer.
- All of your 2014 tax related documents (W-2's, 1099's, Schedule K-1's, listing of your itemized deductions, etc.).
- If you received a consolidated tax statement from your investment firm be sure to bring in ALL pages. Quite often this tax document can run over thirty pages. The whole document needs to be brought in, not just the first two or three pages which are usually the summary pages.
- Finally, if you are not sure if something should be brought in - bring it in. I can always give it back to you if it is not needed.
You can also find a more complete listing of information that should be brought in on the Client Checklist page of this website.